Effective as of January 1, 2022
- our marketing communications;
- our communications with employees or other representatives of the organizations to which we provide services (collectively, the “Client Services”); and
Collectively, we refer to our Site, events, marketing communications and Client Services as the “Services”.
We provide important information for California residents here and for residents of Europe here.
Table of Contents
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information about you that we collect from you through the Services or otherwise may include:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number(s), professional title and company name.
- Registration data, such as the information you provide to register for an event we host or other Services that we provide.
- Correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications we may send to you, and information about your responses to our marketing communications.
Data from other sources. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, such as:
- publicly-available sources, including social media platforms.
- information services.
- business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
- third parties, such as firms we engage to perform background checks, individuals who share your contact details with us, and our clients, which may include your employer.
We may combine the personal information we obtain from other sources with the personal information you provide to us.
Automatic collection. We may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through the Site:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area (but not your precise geolocation data).
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Site, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Services;
- communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with representatives of our clients and other individuals in connection with providing Client Services; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information to analyze and improve the Services and our business and operations.
Marketing. We may send you Qatalyst-related announcements or other marketing communications as permitted by law.
To comply with law. We may use and share your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (d) prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as IT, hosting, human resources services, email delivery, marketing, event management, and database management services).
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
To comply with law. We may share your personal information to comply with law as described above.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes as described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) involving Qatalyst, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals sent to our Site. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Cookies. Internet browsers may be configured to reject or disable cookies, as described in documentation for your browser. Please understand, however, that rejecting or disabling cookies may affect your experience of the Site or interfere with your ability to access areas or functions of the Site.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain Services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those Services.
Other Sites and Services
The Site may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We maintain offices and facilities in the United States, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Qatalyst Partners LP
One Maritime Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94111
Notice to California Residents
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use and share their Personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer to California residents with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. You can direct a business that sells your Personal Information to cease selling your Personal Information.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
How to exercise your rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by:
We will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We also reserve the right to confirm your current California residency. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Please also understand that we are not obligated to provide you with a copy of Personal Information more than twice in a 12-month period.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
We do not “sell” any Personal Information, as “selling” is defined in the CCPA.
||Personal Information (PI) we collect
||Sources of PI
- Contact data
- Registration data
- Data about others
- Device data
- Publicly-available sources
- Third parties
- Business partners
- Automatic collection
||Financial account numbers
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
||We do not request or seek this Personal Information, but we may collect information concerning age, gender, race, citizenship or national origin.
|Commercial activity and information
||History of transactions conducted via the Services
- Automatic collection
- Third parties
|Internet or Network Activity and Information
- Device data
- Online activity data
|Professional or Employment Information
- Contact data
- Registration data
- Publicly-available sources
- Third parties
- Business partners
The Personal Information we collect and the sources from which we collect it are described in more detail in the section above entitled Personal Information We Collect. Each category of Personal Information we collect may be used for the business/commercial purposes described in the section above entitled How We Use Your Personal Information, and each category may be disclosed as described in the section above entitled How We Share Your Personal Information.
Information for Residents of Europe
The information in this section applies only to individuals in the European Union, the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and other locations subject to the data protection laws of the European Union (collectively, “Europe”).
|Processing purpose (click link for details regarding processing purposes)
||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our operation of the Site or the provision of the Services, or to take steps that you request prior to engaging our Services. Where we cannot process your personal data as required to operate the Services on the grounds of contractual necessity, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interest in providing you with the Services you access and request.
||Processing is based on your consent where that consent is required by applicable law. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services. Where such consent is not required by applicable law, we process your personal information for these purposes based on our legitimate interests in promoting our business.
||Processing for these purposes is performed based on our legitimate interests.
|To comply with law
||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
|With your consent
||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Services.
Sensitive personal information. Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services, or otherwise to us.
Retention. We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested; to comply with applicable legal, tax, accounting, or other compliance or regulatory requirements; to establish or defend legal claims; for business continuity purposes; or for fraud prevention). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not reasonably possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your rights. European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information, including the right to ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Port. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here
Cross-border data transfer. If we transfer your personal information from Europe to a country outside of Europe such that we are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection laws, we will do so. We may do so by, for example, implementing the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable) or other safeguards recognized by the European Commission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.